How to Create a Google Ads Account
- Go to https://ads.google.com from a desktop device; Mac, PC, or Chromebook. This process doesn’t work as described below on mobile devices.
- Click Start Now.
- Log in with your Google Account, or create a new one. This can be an existing email address and doesn’t need to be connected to a Gmail account. If you use Google Payments for anything else on your existing Google or Gmail account, I recommend creating a new Google account for email@example.com.
- You’ll come to a screen that asks you to Choose your Advertising Goal. Click Experienced with Google Ads? in small text at the bottom. This option only appears on desktop devices, so be sure you’re on a desktop.
- You’ll come to a screen that asks you to select a campaign type. Click Create an account without a campaign in the small text at the bottom.
- Be sure your Time zone is correct, then click Submit.
- Click the Explore Your Account button.
- Next, you’ll add a credit card to the account, enabling Google Ads to be billed directly.
- Google Ads are billed when you hit certain spending thresholds. Most accounts are billed whenever you spend $250 or $500.
- Nothing will be charged to your credit card until we have created and you have approved ads for your account.
- Click Tools in the upper-right corner, then select Billing & Payments from the menu.
- Enter and/or verify your billing information, review the terms & conditions, then click Submit.
- Once finished, note your 10-digit account number in the screen’s upper-right corner.
- Email the 10-digit account number to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will request access to manage your Google Ads account. This request will come to the email to the account you used to sign up for Google Ads.
- Access this email account and click the link to allow Garret Digital to manage your Google Ads account.
I worked with Garrett for a number of years and know him to be exceptional in his attention to detail. His grasp of SEO strategy and implementation is impressive and I would highly recommend him to lead or contribute to any SEO-related work.