Below is a list of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), content, and technical tools I use.
Keyword Research, Rank Tracking, Backlinks, Site Audits, and Competitive Analysis
- Ahrefs – The best and most up-to-date link research tool.
- Moz Pro – Rank tracking, keyword research, and link research tools. Moz is the leader in SEO advocacy and education.
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider – A tool with hundreds of uses. Find missing or duplicate titles, meta descriptions, create XML sitemaps, etc.
- SEMrush* – Comprehensive rank tracking, SEO site audit, link research, and more.
Local SEO Audits, Citation Synching, and Reporting
- BrightLocal – Local SEO reporting, citation tracking, rank tracking, and more.
- Moz Local – One of the best and most low-cost options for businesses to get their location data synced out to all major data aggregators.
Site Speed Tools
- Google Page Speed Insights – Test your web page speed and optimize your site.
- GTmetrix – Test your web site speed and archive performance over time.
- Pingdom Website Speed Test – Test your web page speed and find performance bottlenecks.
Reputation Management and Customer Reviews
Text, Content, and Technical Tools
- Builtwith.com – Find out technology, content management system, tracking codes, and other details about websites.
- Hemingway App – For more clear and concise writing.
- HTTP Status Code Checker – Are your redirects set up properly? Use this tool to check.
- WordCounter.net – An online text editor, character counter, and more.
- Dreamhost VPS Web Hosting* – All hosting providers have their ups and downs. I’ve been with Dreamhost since 2010 and overall the experience has been good. I recently switched from Shared to VPS hosting and have seen a great increase in performance.
- WPEngine* – The best WordPress hosting! Save 20% off your first payment.
- Some links above are affiliate links which means I may receive compensation if you click the links and sign up for the service(s).