Below is a list of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), content, and technical tools I use.
Keyword Research, Rank Tracking, Backlinks, Site Audits, and Competitive Analysis
- Ahrefs - The best and most up-to-date link research tool.
- KeywordKeg - One of the best tools for keyword research.
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider - A tool with hundreds of uses. Find missing or duplicate titles, meta descriptions, create XML sitemaps, etc.
- SEMrush* - Comprehensive rank tracking, SEO site audit, link research, and more.
- Sitebulb - Versatile website crawler with beautiful and comprehensive reports.
Local SEO, Citation Building, and Reporting
- Brightlocal Local Rank Tracker* - Provides a good dashboard of your local search rankings and screenshots of the SERPs. 1-month free trial.
- Moz Local - One of the best and most low-cost options for businesses to get their location data synced out to all four major data aggregators. This is best for do-it-yourselfers and the technically inclined.
- Whitespark Citation Building* - Great for building extra citations for specific niches or locations.
- Whitespark Citation Audit & Cleanup* - This comprehensive service is perfect if you have changed your business name, address, or phone number or haven't been consistent about listing your business online.
- Whitespark Local Rank Tracker* - Get an accurate idea of how your website ranks in location searches in various markets.
Site Speed Tools
- Google Page Speed Insights - Test your web page speed and optimize your site.
- GTmetrix - Test your website speed and archive performance over time.
- Pingdom Website Speed Test - Test your web page speed and find performance bottlenecks.
Text, Content, and Technical Tools
- Builtwith.com - Find out technology, content management system, tracking codes, and other details about websites.
- Grammarly - Grammarly keeps getting better, helping to rewrite complex sentences, etc.
- HTTP Status Code Checker - Are your redirects set up properly? Use this tool to check.
- WordCounter.net - An online text editor, character counter, and more.
- XML-Sitemaps.com* - Generates an accurate XML sitemap daily so you can keep Google and Bing up-to-date about your website. Also, reports on broken links and XML sitemap history.
- Cloudways Managed Cloud Hosting - If you're looking for cheap and don't require support for complex issues.
- Rocket.net* - Amazing & fast WordPress support and service. My top choice for WordPress hosting in 2023.
- WPEngine* - WordPress hosting based in Austin, TX. Save 20% on your first payment.
* Some links above are affiliate links, meaning I may receive a small payment if you click the link and sign up for the service(s).