I'm Garrett Nafzinger, a full-time independent SEO consultant for everything from SMBs to large enterprises and e-commerce websites.
I started Garrett Digital in March 2017 after a 16-year career at the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), where I most recently served as Senior SEO Strategist.
I have a technical background, but I work and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences.
I stay up-to-date with the latest SEO practices and developments by attending SEO conferences, such as MozCon and the State of Search conference. I am active in the Austin SEO and web communities and related web and tech events. I am Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, and Google Analytics certified. In late 2022, I became certified in GA4, the newest version of Google Analytics.
- Implemented and managed SEO and website visibility programs for AAFP websites, aafp.org, familydoctor.org, and es.familydoctor.org, which garnered over 90 million visits annually.
- Over my years at AAFP, we migrated over a dozen websites across multiple content management systems.
- Designed and developed custom websites for nearly 20 of the state chapters of AAFP.
- Developed SEO strategy and oversaw implementation, including multiple website redesigns and migrations to various web content management systems.
- Responsible for training 60+ staff on SEO strategy and tactics, from web developers to content strategists and copywriters.
- Worked with esteemed primary care clinical journals, American Family Physician, and Family Practice Management, helping print publications expand their online reach.
- Was an SEO subject matter expert on agile web development teams, providing SEO strategy and guidance as AAFP expanded its online presence via new web applications, websites, and mobile apps.
Get In Touch with Garrett