I'm Garrett Nafzinger, a full-time independent SEO consultant for everything from SMB's to large enterprises and e-commerce websites.
I started Garrett Digital in March 2017 after a 16-year career at the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), where I most recently served as Senior SEO Strategist.
I have a technical background, but I work and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences.
I stay up-to-date with the latest SEO practices and developments by attending SEO conferences, such as MozCon and the State of Search conference, being active in the Austin SEO and web communities, and attending related web and tech events. I am Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, and Google Analytics certified.
- Implemented and managed SEO and website visibility programs for AAFP websites, aafp.org, familydoctor.org, and es.familydoctor.org which garnered over 90 million visits per year.
- Developed SEO strategy and oversaw implementation, including multiple website redesigns and migrations to various web content management systems.
- Responsible for training of 60+ staff from web developers to content strategists and copywriters on SEO strategy and tactics.
- Worked with esteemed primary care clinical journals, American Family Physician, and Family Practice Management helping the print publications expand their online reach.
- Was an SEO subject matter expert and team member on agile web development teams, providing SEO strategy and guidance as AAFP expanded its online presence via new web applications, websites, and mobile apps.
Get In Touch with Garrett